This is what Fasting can do for you:
- Fasting helps to give you God's purpose and direction in our lives
- Fasting helps to receive guidance and Anointing from the Holy Spirit. It gives power for miracles, blessings, and breakthroughs in our lives. It increases your will power to pull through whatever you are going through
- Fasting also bring good health and healings in our lives. It cleanse and heals the body, promotes weight loss, eliminates toxins, cleans the body, provides a smooth skin complexion, as the toxins leaves the body, slows the aging process, and increases the possibility of living longer
- Fasting brings financial breakthroughs. The closer we are to God, the more we begin to think BIG, like God. He will begins to give us ideas that can change your financial future forever.
- Fasting brings deliverance, it can break the yoke of any addictions, sin, temptations, bondages, and any/or bad habits. God can break any/all strongholds.
- Fasting brings great, powerful unity, and blessings to any group of people that have gathered to fast together. Matthew 18:20 says, "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
- Fasting also produces faith and depending on Jesus, instead of depending on food
We should all strive to be like Jehoshaphat for in time of a great defeat, against the Moabites, Ammonites, and Meunites who came to wage war against Judah, the King didn't know what to do. he was scared and frightened. In 2 Chronicles: 20:1-4, he asked God's people to stop eating until God prevailed in their situation. Jehoshaphat knew that to fast before God was the best way to show his complete helplessness and humility before God. He renounced the natural and sought the supernatural. The King and his people cried out to God. "God, I don't want food. I want you. You are more important than food." Seeking God through prayer and fasting are essential in our lives.
Are you going through insurmountable challenges in your life? Be like King Jehoshaphat and let God know he is the only food that you need. I guarantee he will hand over your enemies to you.
For more scriptures and verses on Fasting&Praying visit:
Sammie Ward is a Author/Writer/Publisher. Don't forget to follow her at Twitter and Facebook